What Kind of Love?

Thursday, December 9, 2004

How is it that God loves me?

It seems that all of my life, I have tried to do the right thing. It is "the right thing" to become and live like a Christian. It is "the right thing" to obey my parents. It is "the right thing" to live with all of my heart for whatever calling God has given me to live, whether it be as a student, legal assistant, friend, or helpmeet. It is "the right thing" to obey God.

It is "the right thing" to love God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

But when time is done and over and all of this world washes out, what am I going to have left? Will I be spending an eternity doing "the right thing" for a God I never knew? Why do I want to go to heaven? Why do I want to glory? So that I can honestly say, "I did the right thing, people. See?"

Is that what I want for eternity?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.