All the World

Friday, March 18, 2005

I cannot believe how many people have come to my office or emailed me to wish me a happy birthday today. It started with Pete's visit this morning to pick me up for work. He got to be the first to wish me happy birthday. *happy smile* Then my sister got up, and then my mom called, and then we walked outside and it was a beautiful day, like a gift from God! Oh, and a baby that I knew was going to be born today was born today too! And it's just kinda special to find out about a new life starting on the same day yours did. I think I want to have one of my babies on my birthday. *incorrigible grin*

I wish I was not tired, and did not have the hacking cold I seem to have acquired. I'm not very coherent, so I'm running out of polite things to say to people who wish me a happy birthday, because I don't particularly like repeating the same thing over and over. I mean, if you had to say "thank you" all the time to people who say the same thing over and over... Sheesh. I'm going to come up with a list of 50 different ways to tell somebody "happy birthday" besides "Happy Birthday!" Mostly, I'm just being a little kid about stuff.

In other news, the Free Indeed concert is tonight, and I've spent most of my day flipping between work and the concert program. And in the middle of all of it, God reminds me to ask some people to come to the concert that I might not necessarily have asked, and it's the last minute, and guess what! They're coming. *flipped out grin* He's doing something. I have a peace about this concert.

Mostly today, I've been thinking a bit about something that Pete and I talked about last night. Since I got out of the hospital last summer, I think I have very much operated in doing what *has* to be done, and I don't take a lot of time to just live. Even resting has to be done. My bestest friend Tee gave me a card today that had a really cool quote on it, though, and it's very me.

There is a picture on the card of a little girl running on the seashore, with the wind catching the long towel she's holding above her head. The picture is done in grayscale, but you can see the light on the waves, and the footprints she's making in the sand. She's free.

The quote: "On this day, I am alive, and all the world is mine."

Yep. God made it, and I'm glad. Albeit a bit incoherent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.