Empty Again...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I look at the world and see no understanding
I'm waiting to find some sense of strength
I'm begging you, from the bottom of my heart, to show me understanding
I need to live life
Like some people never will
So find me kindness
Find me beauty
Find me truth
When temptation brings me to my knees
And I lay here drained of strength
Show me kindness
Show me beauty
Show me truth

~DT

"He will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry." That has comforted me often, more than any promise of answer; it includes answers, and a great deal more besides; it tells us what He is towards us, and that is more than what He will do. And the "cry" is not long, connected, thoughtful prayers, a cry is just an unworded dart upwards of the heart, and at that "voice" He will be very gracious. What a smile there is in these words!
~F.R. Havergal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.