Gone Crazy, Be Back Soon

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Today is one of those days.

You know, the kind of day where everything that can go wrong usually does, and every time you try to do something, it doesn't happen.

I'm so far behind today that I know I'll never catch up.

The title of this post is from a t-shirt that I own. Which doesn't fit me anymore.

It is interesting to note that as spiritual and encouraging as I can sound sometimes, when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, every day of living, I am still behind on editing, I don't have time to clean my house, I am lousy at keeping up with my laundry, I get only a quick shower about once every other day, and I still get ticked off and discouraged over a ton of stuff.

Unfortunate, Frustrating Fact: I am human.

It's awfully good to know that I'm not taking God by surprise with that.

4 comments:

HisDelightIsInMe said...

not only human but female. Which means you need occasional "stressed out, freaking out" days in order to be thoughtful and at least somewhat rational on the other days.

I had one of those days last week. . . I actually felt a lot better afterward.

Naomi said...

I empathize. Strongly.

Jessica said...

All that nitty-gritty sounds VERY familiar... You're not alone. ;-)

www.davidandjoli.com said...

Yes! I think I was feeling just about the same that day...all last week actually. I'm glad my children survived! It's rough being human!

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.