Six Months for Us

Monday, January 14, 2008

My baby is half a year old. Her doctor told me today that Pip is interacting on a 1-year-old level.

In her six months, Piper has accomplished much:



*She has developed into a very effective alarm clock - anytime of day or night.
*She has figured out exactly what it takes to get just about anything she wants.
*She has taken and passed an inch-worming course.
*She is cultivating an interest in Shakespeare.
*She has reduced both of her parents to two-year-old antics.
*She has convinced most of the world that she is sweet.
*She has developed a very good set of lungs.
*She is very convinced that she knows everything she wants out of life.

She is my full-time job and the best thing I've ever done. She is our noise and our quiet. She's our giggles and our frustrations. She's our fun and our very hard work. She is our awake and our tired. She is our distraction and our occupation. She's our rest and our insanity. She reminds us of so much in ourselves, and teaches us so much of our Abba. She's ours, and she's His.

Here we are, six months in. She's howling at me at the moment to get her out of her exersaucer and hold her. In a moment, when I do, she won't want to interact with me because she'll have gotten what she wanted. In 16 years, she'll be doing the same thing.

There are days I ask if I would do it again if I had it to do over again. I still don't know the answer to that question. But every morning, we get up and live another day, and in the living, we grow, and we learn to love each other more, and we find out more of our faults and frustrations, and we find God to be faithful again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.