on shooting 365 a year

Tuesday, April 21, 2009


It's a wonderful idea. It's greatly entertaining. I get to try all sorts of stuff - it keeps me looking for photos in the off time and noticing all sorts of things. Most of which I love.

But then there are the gazillion bugs I notice crawling all over our back yard. I hate bugs. And the self-portrait sessions that devolve because Piper and Mia really want to be involved. And the minor fact that I don't know if I'm going to be able to shoot every single day out of this 365 - especially considering an upcoming labor and delivery day in December.

But it's fun. And I get extra shots like this one to put up and share and give you all a glimpse into my life. If you love photography and you can't shoot every day for a year, you should really just try it for a month - it's so worth learning to notice your life...

Just a random thought and a random picture. :-)

5 comments:

Alison said...

what a sweet picture! and I love this idea--I've seen so many other people who have done this, and I've been both jealous and inspired!

Gabrielle Kai Photography said...

I couldn't agree with you more - I've learned so much about myself and my surroundings by slowing down and picking up my camera everyday!

~leah g~ said...

I still haven't been brave enough to dive into a 365. Eventually, though, I will get it done. And congratulations. :-)

Madelynsmum said...

I agree with you. I have learned soo much, and I love being able to record things that I wouldn't have otherwise thought twice about. It was hard in the days leading up to my labour, I found it hard to find the energy to go searching for a photo. And I must admit that one day I didn't take the shot - but that's okay, the nurse at the hospital took the photo for me about 10 minutes after Christian was born :-)

emily said...

I'm glad you linked up, Kelly, as when I saw this post, I thought how perfect it would be to share. Thanks! And I love the photo.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.