Good Intentions, the Road to Hell, and All That...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I started out the morning with a lot of good intentions about what I would accomplish with my time today. But things kept coming up, I kept getting distracted, Piper was shedding her diaper every 30 minutes, and breakfast took too long to finish. I still haven't cleaned the bedroom, taken my pills, or done anything with my hair after my shower.

And it's been a rotten day. I've been hollering at Piper, hollering at God, frustrated with my life in general right now and a very embarrassing situation in particular, as well as my toddler's diaperless ideals. I need a break. Or some roses. Or something to make me feel like it's worth it to clean the bedroom, vacuum the living room, eat another meal I don't want so I can take my pills, be nice to Piper.

Next time somebody tells me that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, I think I'll just pitch the good intentions. Maybe it will make for a better day.

And yes, this is an actual vent. Because, as my friend Sara told me once, that is what blogs are made for.

8 comments:

Alethea Jordan said...

Here's a hug. I know it doesn't help much, but it's here anyway...

*hug*

Kelly Sauer said...

thanks, Kris - it'd be helpful if I *wanted* to be touched right now... :-P

PaperYarnGirl said...

Well then, NO hugs from me right now!!! ;-)

Sometime I think it's paved with good intentions so that we can stomp all over them on our way there...

Hope the afternoon goes better - I can SO relate to the diaper-coming-off-the-toddler scenario!

Kelly Sauer said...

Yeah - I finally talked her into some clothing, which should help for a while at least...

the Joneses said...

Probably a bad moral to the story, but I always feel better when I'm able to detail to SOMEONE why my day is rotten.(Detailing to an entire blog readership is even better.) You with early-pregnancy ups and downs, in addition to a high-maintenance toddler, disappearing diapers, and pills, are justified in having a rotten day today.

Thanks for venting. :)

-- SJ

Pequeno Gulfinha said...

We used to put my little sister's diaper on backwards and DUCT TAPE it to make her keep it on!

Alison said...

*groan* I've had those days, too, friend. But it can only get better tomorrow, right? Hugs to you.

Amber@theRunaMuck said...

Imagine roses

I think this vent is amazing.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.