The Sky is Falling

Saturday, October 9, 2004

Lord, I'm in the dark.
It seems to me the light is dead when I come calling,
Knowing that the sky is falling.
Lord, I need to know
My mind is playing games again,
You're right where You have always been.

Take me back to You,
To the place that I once knew,
As a little child--
Constantly the eyes of God watched over me.
Oh, I want to be
In the place that I once knew,
Falling to the bed of faith prepared for me.

Tell me I'm a fool.
Tell me that You love me for the fool I am,
And comfort me like only You can.
Tell me there's a place
Where I can feel Your breath
Like sweet caresses on my face again.

Take me back to You
To the place that I once knew
As a little child--
Constantly the eyes of God watched over me.
Oh I want to be,
In the place that I once knew,
As a little child,
Falling to the bed of faith prepared for me...

I will rest in You.

~Jaci Velazquez

*sigh*

God...

I don't know how to rest in You. Can't I even do THAT on my own?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.