That My Glory May Sing Praise

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

"Thou hast turned my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness: to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever."

~Psalm 30:11-12

~~~~~

My old AIM screenname is about thanking God. The last couple of times I have signed on, I've wondered how true that statement is in my life. I was so checked out over Thanksgiving, so stressed about how I was missing God, trying to figure out how to reach Him by something that I could do, because I needed Him so much. I didn't thank God for very much. On the ride home, I started thinking about my Thanksgiving, dreading the return to the place of my calling, and wishing I could have found more time with God when I was at home. As I felt my shoulders involuntarily knotting up the closer I got to Northern Virginia, I nearly turned the car around. I didn't want to return to receive more pain.

Yet, as I drove on, I found myself wondering when the last time was that I thanked the Lord for who He was and remembered what He had done for me with gratitude. So many times, I just ask God to make the pain stop, and when the pain stops, what do I do? I move on.

God changes my mourning into dancing that the glory I give to Him will sing forth His praise. It's such a beautiful picture.

Lord, please, clothe me with Your gladness so that I may praise You more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.