HIGHLY Interesting Mornings

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Okay, so maybe it wasn't all that highly interesting. It started about 5:00, though. With the sound of my fiancè's abandoned phone beeping out its cheerful morning alarm. I opened my eyes curiously: no fiancè, no daylight, no need to wake up.

Right.

Now, do not even TRY to blame Pete. He was so busy looking at a gorgeous woman on his way out last night that he forgot that he needed to pick up the errant phone. It took no responsibility for itself, but took up residence (like it BELONGED there--I ask you!) upon our living room window sill and refused to even call to its owner on his way out the door.

So anyway, my body started moving in spite of my determination to dive back into slumber. I had time to read my Bible. Deuteronomy 8-10. Nothing earth-shattering jumped out at me, so I made a mental note to think about it as the day went on. I tried to go back to sleep. No such luck. I got up, put my laundry in the dryer, and headed for a leisurely shower.

When I came out of the bathroom after getting dressed, the sun had come up, and my fiancè had finally arrived to wake me up--I found him in the kitchen, inventorying my pills. Kate was still pretending to sleep on the couch in the living room. Probably hiding from the mush that she likes to hate. *grin*

I finished getting ready for work--we left the house early and went for a drive (instead of a walk, because it was too cold for a walk, despite the fact that it LOOKED like spring anyway), during which I decided that I really do like the warm fuzzy feelings I get about Pete, and that I really do like spending time with him, and he is really just one of the funniest, coolest people I have ever known. Somebody told me the other day that laughter is therapeutic. I should be very therapized by the time I've been married to Pete for about 80 years.

Sheesh, I get to MARRY this guy?

*grin*

This is still sinking in.

Anyway. If I have anything more interesting to blog about, I'll add it later. But for now, I hope you have enjoyed the ramblings of my not-so-usual morning. If you haven't, direct all complaints to Pete's cell phone. I place the sole responsibility for my highly interesting mood upon its digital shoulders.

1 comments:

Yerknne said...

So Pete is just ONE of the funniest and coolest?

GAAAAAAHHHH!!! There's no hope for her!

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.