The Pete I Love

Monday, May 9, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He hates it when I take his picture. But he can't help smiling. This is the look he gets when he's trying to be stern with me and it doesn't work.

He joked with me again this morning, and it sent a smile all the way to my heart. It's been a while... So much has been going on, and we haven't really been very open with each other for so many reasons... But God is faithful. It's hard to learn to wait on Him together--and even harder when one of us is on speaking terms with Him and when the other is waiting.

Pete is smiling today. Really smiling. He's soft today, and light again. He remembered that God loves him. I don't know how it's possible to love him more than ever, but I do today.

How do you seek God together? I love Pete so much, and he loves me... but we're still so young, and we still have so much to learn--and we think a LOT more than most people, which can get us both into trouble. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we just took life as it came.

I miss the simplicity. Is it really as easy as trusting God, waiting on God, hoping in God? Not trying or "shoulding" or having to... but just resting?

For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel: "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength."
~Isaiah 30:15a

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.