Worship: An Introduction

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Pete and I have been asked to lead in revamping the worship team at our church, Calvary Church of the Brethren. This will be my first post in a series of several about worship.

For a long time I have been wrestling with questions about the what of worship, the why of worship, the who of worship, and the how/where of worship. *grin* That sounds neatly aliterated. As I've been praying/planning for this new thing God seems to be calling us to, there have been several things that have stood out to me. Among them is prayer, the need for a focus on God from where the worshipper is, a proper understanding of emotions in worship, the status of God's position (and ours) in His plan, the our standing in Jesus Christ, the role of faith, and the importance of truth.

It's a huge chunk of material to bite off, I guess, but I've never been known to take on small projects.

With this introduction, I'm going to proceed to another post and try to break this into "chapters."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.