Thanks to a Friend

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

I've been going through a period in my life right where God feels so distant, and everything feels so wrong--even praying. I have felt like I have no joy, and no reason for it... I found someone's post from Sunday that greatly encouraged me:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ever thought about how wonderful (and incredible) it is that we can be completely honest before God? that we don't have to come to Him with a front of "I'm doing fine, thanks, yep, just great..."?

I love these verses from Lamentations ...

... my soul is bereft of peace;
I have forgotten what happiness is;
so I say, "My endurance has perished;
so has my hope from the Lord."

Remember my affliction and my wanderings,
the wormwood and the gall!
My soul continually remembers it
and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."

For the Lord will not cast off forever,
but, though He cause grief, he will have compassion
according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
for he does not willingly afflict
or grieve the children of men.

(from lamentations 3)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.