Tiredish Days

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I just wrote a long email to a friend telling her about my fiancé and what I love about him. She asked me the one question that just doesn't seem to come up very often anymore for anyone: why do I love Pete?

I'll count the ways later, but here's one example that just made me fall in love with him all over again.

I'm having a tiredish day. But I was planning to go to BWI to pick up his car that he left there so that he could study. Pete pinged me on AIM to ask me how I was doing, and I told him that I was tired.

Pete: How is my Cuddlebug?
Me: Tired and wiping out a bit
Pete: how's about we wait on Baltimore?
Me : Awh... we don't have to
Pete: I know, but you need rest :-) and I can study
Me: I totally wouldn't mind a quiet evening
Pete: ok. why don't we do that
Me: You really mean that?
Pete: absolutely
Me: Oh man...Thank you so much ,Pete. That means a lot.

At this point, the conversation died, because he's flipping out with work, but he took the time to find out how I was, and to care about me. I've felt like crying every time I've thought about it since. He is so good to me, and gives me so much of himself I wonder that he has anything left.

4 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

And yes, he actually *does* call me "Cuddlebug."

*giggle*

Anonymous said...

He's weird.

My Fathers' Daughter said...

hehehe.

awwwwr :-)

Av said...

The small things wind up being the biggest sometimes...

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.