A Poem from My Husband

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Think about it, there must be higher love
Down in the heart or hidden in the stars above
Without it, life is a wasted time
Look inside your heart, I'll look inside mine.
~ Steve Winwood
Were I to look inside my heart
I'd see you living there.

Were I to look inside of you
I'd see a child, a woman, and an angel.

If I could see that child,
I'd see the life of Innocence.

If I could see that woman,
I'd see Desire and Passion and Life.

If I could see that angel,
I'd see Beauty unparalleled.

You dwell, all three in one heart, and that heart in mine.
There remains more of you yet to discover-
Truth that leaves me speeechless with wonder
And in delight of a life together with you, my Lover.

In heart, in life, as child, woman, angel-
One thing remains and imbues all character and life.
Ageless yet ancient, ever tried yet not worn out,
Battered yet lovely as the diamonds of snow...

You are His.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.