I Am Born

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I was born on July 14, 2007, at 8:55 p.m. Mom and Dad were there, and Grandpa and Nana Langner and Uncle Kate and the midwife and the birth assistant.

All in all, I have decided that getting born was a rather interesting experience. Not so very gory as Mom expected, but a little startling at first, because I looked so much like my Grandpa Sauer. (I am pleased to report that I have settled into looking like me now.)

First, I am a girl. I know you were all waiting for that announcement. I decided that I'd rather not be a boy, and I think Mom and Dad are grateful.

Second, I am very good. I only cry when I need to, and since I currently have everyone (and I DO mean everyone!) wrapped around my little, long-nailed pinky finger, I don't need to cry often. I am a happy baby. I have already smiled at Mom. Just so she knows I love her. I think she needs to know this. She's not quite sure what to do with me otherwise.

Third, I am very healthy. I got a rare 10 on my APGAR score, which really means nothing until you consider that I just decided that I would look my best in pink, rather than blue, so I got with the pink as soon as I could after my head came out. Mom was still going, "oh my word, we're having a baby" while I was working on impressing the midwives. She was a little checked out.

I have gained a whole pound since I was born on July 14, and I now weigh 8 lbs., 2 oz. I am beginning to sleep longer during the nights. This makes Mom and Dad happy. I think they may be getting tired.

My eyes are already turning brown, and I am very alert when I am awake. I reached a personal goal last night by keeping myself awake for two hours during and after dinner. It's fun to see what happens around me. I really like the pictures Mom has put on the wall above my bed.

I am a bit dramatic when I begin to choke on my milk, but it gets Mom's attention, so I don't mind it--it means I get to cuddle with her!

Overall, I find the Big World Out Here a very Interesting place, and I am looking forward to seeing more of it. I suppose if I must come out, it has been worth it.

Except for the indigestion. Things were much easier when my belly button functioned properly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.