Every Moment

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Two days after Piper was born, I went to bed crying. The pediatrician had listed a dozen things that could cause SIDS. They had checked Piper for this and checked Piper for that. Mom was worried about this possibility and that possibility. I never knew so many things could go wrong with a baby.

I find myself praying more frequently than I have in a long time.

"God, please let her keep breathing."

"Please help her with her tummyache."

"Help her acne not to bother her too much."

"Help me to calm her when her startle reflex kicks in."

"Don't let her be scared."

Don't let me lose her...

But she's not mine. She's His. Every moment, whether I am awake or asleep, in the room with her or in the next room, whether she is in my arms or in her bed, her life is so fragile. So is mine. Every moment, I learn to leave her in God's hands, for He is Sustainer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.