Happy Remedies

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Over the last several weeks, Piper has often had a major tummy ache from about 6:30 to 9:00 in the evening. The poor thing just cries and cries, but over the last two weeks, we've tried and succeeded finding a couple of natural remedies to help relieve her pain. Both were recommended by my friend (and certified nurse) Susan Adams:

The first is a GNLD supplement that I actually take: Aloe Vera Plus. Normally, I remember to drink about a half cup in the mornings with my pills, but when I don't, we've noticed that Piper gets tummy aches. When I've forgotten to take it, and she just can't stop crying, we tried giving her a quarter-teaspoonful at a time in a dropper. We usually get instant quietude, as she is fascinated with the flavor (I swear, she likes it!) and she'll lick the dropper to try to get more out. A couple of times, this is all we've had to do. Sometimes, she'll start crying about 15 minutes later, and we just repeat the dose, which seems to do the trick.

We have used the second remedy, Hyland's Colic Pills, in conjunction with the Aloe Vera Plus. I use half the recommended dose every 15 minutes, and within half an hour, she is usually calm.

I am very thankful for all of the people who have lived this before. It's amazing what I have learned, just in a few short weeks. It's also pretty cool to have a baby who doesn't cry just to cry. I'm such a fixer, I don't know what I'd do if she did that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.