The Gift of Presence

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Today I ran across this incredibly good article about parenting.

Yesterday, I was feeling like such a bad mom because Piper's not rolling around or doing this or doing that, but after reading this article, I was so encouraged. The time I've spent with her has been to get to know her as her. As much as I have often wanted to rush, rush, rush onto the next thing (especially with the move!!!), I haven't let myself because I want Piper to know that she comes first.

As I see her start to push out on her own and develop her own ideas of what she'd like to be doing, I am continually amazed that she comes back again to love me and need me and cuddle with me. But maybe that's the way it's supposed to be...

I don't regret the extra time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.