Recipe for Disaster

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It began with a pizza crust...

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBS olive oil
1 cup water

No yeast necessary. Dump ingredients in bread machine for an hour on pizza crust setting. Crust will be unusually elastic, but don't worry.

Add toppings as usual, including extra sauce for the necessary run-and-burn-and-smoke-up-the-entire-house effect.

Set your oven at 450 degrees.

Bake until charred. Open windows will be required to avoid asphyxiation.

Pizza should be hard, crust should be tooth-breaking. Fresh sauce can be added to improve flavor. It won't help.

Be sure to leave remaining sauce, dirty dishes, and leftovers sitting out for 12 hours.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, oh dear! That does not sound like a fun afternoon.

PaperYarnGirl said...

Oh my! I've made that recipe before. Never fun :-(

Jessica said...

I have to admit this made me laugh... in a very empathetic sort of way. I hope your smoke alarm is not as sensitive as ours is. SO annoying! I really need to clean out the bottom of my oven, though. :-p

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.