For Expecting First-Time Moms

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I've been meaning for a while to post a note of encouragement to expectant moms. I had a *lot* of Braxton-Hick's contractions during my pregnancy with Piper. As I neared my due date, they kept getting stronger. I obviously had no idea what was going on, so since my midwives had told me to call if I even suspected I was in labor, I kept calling.

And I kept getting a nice pat on the head that said, "You'll know when it comes."

Blah, blah, blah.

I was so embarrassed that I kept getting it wrong, and couldn't someone please just not talk down to me?

So let me tell you - if you're not sure if you're in labor, it's TOTALLY cool if you ask someone about it! It's OKAY if you go to the hospital and they send you home because it's not time yet. You only know what you know, and it's their problem if they want to look down on you for not knowing what you haven't gone through yet.

And the baby *does* have to come out. So don't be discouraged.

Just a thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.