Tagged (Because I Want To)

Friday, February 8, 2008

Marti over at Malegra Blogs posted a random meme that I had seen and wanted to try last week. She tagged everybody who read her post - so here I go.

The rules:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

From "Walking on Water," by Madeleine L'Engle (I keep this one by my computer for when I need a quote or something for a post when I can't think of anything to write on my own. I lucked out that my *nearest* book was my journal, which was only partially filled.).

'A successful businesswoman had the temerity to ask me about my royalties, just at the time when my books were at last making reasonable earnings. When told, she was duly impressed and remarked, "And to think, most people would have had to work so hard for that." I choked over my tea, not wanting to laugh in her face.'


I'm not going to bother tagging people, since people I tag don't do it anyway. (Yes, that was a snarky comment. Believe me, I understand good intentions, though! :-P)

1 comments:

Christy said...

I'd like to direct your attention to Exhibit A: http://eyesturnedupward.blogspot.com/2008/01/three-special-pictures.html ;-)

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.