In the Way of Interesting Occurrences

Thursday, June 5, 2008


Piper and I spent half an hour in the closet yesterday. I looked out the window and it was very dark outside. Very dark. It was like night. And it was only 2:30 in the afternoon.

I checked the weather online, and discovered that we were under a tornado warning.

(Now for the record, I am quite afraid of thunderstorms and being in a tornado is one of my worst fears. I don't do well with the noises and wind and banging and exploding houses and things.)

So we hid. I sang lots of songs to not be scared. Piper fell asleep because she'd been putting off her nap.

Then Pete came home and we held each other.

We had homemade tacos for dinner and watched The Absentminded Professor.

It is very nice to feel safe after you have been very frightened.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.