Houston... God... Help?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Before we signed the lease on our current house, we told our landlord numerous times that we might have to vacate early because of Pete's job situation. He told us each time we asked that he would be reasonable, and we felt that we could sign the lease. One of the things I was so grateful for about the move to this house was the fact that he was reasonable and we could work with this landlord.

He has not been reasonable.

The previous two tenants had to vacate their leases. One skipped town, and one was on parole and couldn't leave Loudoun County. Our landlord was kind to them, even in speaking of them to us. I don't know if it is because he is getting married in a week or because he has decided to make an example of us that he emailed today telling us that he plans to hold us liable for the entire year.

We can't afford two leases. Pete can't stay at his current job. I can't stay in this house any longer, even if we do end up staying here. I feel sick. And angry. I've never wanted to hate someone so much in my life. And I don't know how to pray, and I don't know how to believe that God even cares about anything that we get into here on earth because His whole purpose is heavenly.

So I'm posting to ask for prayer. Because the only way out of this whole mess is Him doing something, and He listens to more people better than He listens to me. At least, that's the way it seems. I don't know if I care what He does. I actually want to trust Him. I just don't know how. This is insane.

2 comments:

dancebythelight said...

That's terrible, I'll be praying!

Katrina said...

So frustrating!!! I will pray for your landlord's heart to be softened, and for you to have peace no matter what the outcome. It's so hard to weather trials when you can't see any purpose in them whatsoever!

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.