Peter and Sarah

Friday, August 22, 2008


On Sunday, we did an engagement shoot for a couple whose wedding will probably be our last for some time, at least until Piper can be a bit more independent and I can establish some connections in Charleston and get a business set up.

Peter and Sarah (the delightful Starbucks couple from my last post) gave me the opportunity I needed to remember how much I *love* photography, and thanks to the small shoot, I was able to figure out what I was doing with my retouching. (This will make my remaining editing flow much faster!) I enjoyed the chance to get to know Peter and Sarah a bit more; their love is gentle, safe, almost a falling into one another.

I'm looking forward to shooting their wedding and capturing on camera the oneness of heart that is already there.

You can click on the photo above to see their engagement album.

5 comments:

Leeann said...

I usually enjoy your work, even with people I don't know... but this is especially awesome for me to see because both subjects are so very close to my own heart. Beautiful, beautiful job :)

Heidi said...

Love, love, love this shoot. Especially whatever you did with the coloring to make everything match Sarah's dress. (At least, I'm assuming that's an edit! Haha.)

Kelly Sauer said...

I didn't make it match her dress - she matched her dress to the day. These were just the colors that came out! Gorgeous, aren't they?

Heidi said...

That is amazing! For the first couple shots I noticed her dress matching, I thought it might have just been coincidence. But there were so many, I assumed it was an edit. It's so amazing that her dress matched the stones in the building etc. How cool!

PS was the sky really that blue? I don't remember that even though I was in Old Town that day! Haha.

Kelly Sauer said...

I intensified the colors a bit in my editing, but that was all. Everything is fairly minimally edited.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.