What's In the Cupboard?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wish I'd photographed it, but it can't be helped now.

Last night, I tried something quick with what we had in the house that came out beautifully.

*6 individually frozen pieces of chicken sauteéd until tender with spices from la Madeleine, salt, pepper, and a dash or two of garlic powder
*Tri-colored linguine cooked al dente
*1/2 cup white wine
*1/8 cup sherry
*1 TBS red wine vinegar
*1/3 cup olive oil
*1/4 cup chopped onion
*1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
*1/4 cup kalamata olives

I cooked the chicken and the linguine, set it aside, and then cooked the rest of the ingredients until the onion was tender and the sauce was reduced and slightly thickened.

I served the sauce over the chicken and the linguine with summer squash sauteéd in olive oil with salt, pepper, and garlic.

The flavors were rich, but light, and they actually made Pete want to slow down and savor them! (This is a particular goal of mine when I cook - he eats five times as fast as I do, so it's wonderful to see him enjoy a meal instead of just scarfing it!)

The proportions in this dish made enough for two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.