Things I Will Never Do Again - Redux

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Nutiva Customer Service to Kelly:

Dear Kelly,

Please accept our apologies at Nutiva for the difficulties you had with the five gallon coconut oil. The 5 gallon oil originally had a zip tab around the lid which made it easy to open. When the tab was removed you could lift the lid off. The company that packages the coconut oil for us changed the packaging recently without informing us.

We have told them the current package is unacceptable and we will have the zip style lid again soon. The single gallon is still made with the zip strip lid and I'm sending you a free one for the problems you experienced and so you can also see how the 5 gallon lid will be in the future. Again, we are very sorry you had to struggle with the container you purchased.

Sincerely,
Mark

____________________

I won't include my initial irate email here, though I will say that it read something along the lines of Lady Catherine's parting shot to Elizabeth Bennett:

"I take no leave of you, [Nutiva]. I send no compliments to your mother. You deserve no such attention. I am most seriously displeased."

Sometimes vindication is sweet.

Though I do feel bad for chewing them out.

Blah. I'm such a pushover.

2 comments:

Alethea Jordan said...

GREAT. So what are you going to do with ten gallons of coconut oil? (not that I would complain) You should send some down to us. Mom's never had it.

S. Mehrens said...

Well I'm glad they are giving you a free one, but wow what a pain that saga has been. I cracked up when I read your quote of Lady Catherine. Hilarious.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.