A Three-Shoot Weekend

Friday, October 10, 2008

The reason my blog has been rather silent for the last week?

On the spur of the moment, I shot photos for our friend Gabe at his banquet last Thursday. The evening was for Remember, a ministry to the persecuted church founded by Pete's new boss. Gabe is the Executive Director for Remember.

It was a very nice evening, followed by a long drive for us up to Rocky Mount, NC.

We spent Friday driving up to Northern VA, where we landed at Mike and Heidi's for a quick break before taking the Metro into D.C. for this portrait shoot with my January wedding couple.

On the ride in, a kind soldier explained in depth the concept of the SmartCard. Wonderful, now that we've moved.

I enjoyed this shoot - and I got to rediscover why I started taking pictures in the first place. I LOVE THE LIGHT! I'm still staring in awe at this photo. Did that come out of MY camera?

Saturday's shoot was the planned shoot for the weekend: Peter and Sarah's wedding at Milton Ridge Chapel in MD. It's been a while since I had such a great location for a wedding! Shooting for friends made it well worth the trip. As you can see, it was a lot of fun. I promise more from this wedding later!

3 comments:

Leeann said...

Capturing the Czar on film is quite the feat. Congrats.

dancebythelight said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great shots!

PaperYarnGirl said...

Wow. That is stunning.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.