My Favorite Smile

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dad just pulled a peek-a-boo at the top of her slide. This is Piper's "Can you believe how fun this is?!?" grin. It is always accompanied by a squeal of pure delight. She loves to be noticed. She loves it when we play with her.

This is my favorite face of hers, the grin that reminds me that being a mom isn't all putting up with a hollering toddler. The grin that tells me that she is a little person who feels and experiences life just like I do. The grin that makes me want to cry every time I see it because I can see the future in her eyes, the disappointment that will put that light out, the anticipation as she leaves home to be an adult, her heart-in-the-throat joy as she walks an aisle toward her beloved, my own wonder as I hold a child of hers and watch her live what I am living now.

How can one moment hold so much eternity? How does one life encompass enough time to experience His goodness? We play at the park, and we can't help but meet forever. Time slips away, and our God is always the same.

1 comments:

Alethea Jordan said...

Wow. So perfectly spoken. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.