Nana's Messy Suggestion

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yesterday while I was baking cookies, I gave Piper table privileges to work on her own baking project in accordance with my mom's suggestion that the messiest projects are sometimes the most fun. I don't know how it was for Pip, but I enjoyed grabbing these memories on camera!

Her recipe?

a little flour
a little sugar
a few raisins
some marshmallows
a dab of milk

Just enough stuff mixed up together for a little girl to enjoy a decent mess.





Though she wasn't really into the whole mash and shape and cut thing, she also sampled (and loved) a bit of sugar cookie dough from one of my recipes:

Swedish Butter Cookies

1 cup butter
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Cream everything but flour together. Add flour and mix well. Dough will be soft but not sticky. Roll out and cut with cookie cutter. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes. Caution: Cookies burn easily!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.