Stretched - A Prayer

Saturday, December 20, 2008

God.

Today I am stretched among worlds
I dangle here with my arms between beauty
and capture
and life and art.
The colors of life You have given me
and a world who does not see
and a world who does see.
To left or to right
or to upward or downward,
I decide where to turn
And I don't.
I am stretched out and frozen
And hoping my reach won't exceed
The boundaries of Your dream
for me.
I discover and revel
In glories here
But I don't wish to trade
Your Life
for these that I hold in my hands.

So if You have a purpose
In stretching this heart to claim
All the world for Your own
In words
or in pictures;
In colors to frame
All I can of Your love here in time;
Or in touching a small hand,
And sharing a moment
Uncaptured
But full and alive -
I need grace and elastic
And You to sustain
And seconds and seconds and seconds.
I open my hands
And stretch out these arms
I hold all I can see up to You
to capture
So I can be free

And stretch out my life to hold You.

3 comments:

the dork rules said...

Beautiful.

||| laura frantz ||| said...

agreed, so beautiful :)

Shelli said...

This is a beautiful, beautiful prayer.

And thank you so much for your kind, kind words about my photographs. I take them as a high compliment after viewing YOUR photographs! And comments thrill me, so you can never over-comment! I just wish I had more time to read more blogs more regularly so that I could return the gesture!

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.