Irresistible

Saturday, January 24, 2009

My friend Lynette sent me a copy of a newly-published book that she helped to translate, called The Irresistible Life, and I have to throw whatever weight I have with my readers around - you need to get this book.

The book, a modern paraphrase of the Gospel of John, offers a poignant re-telling of John's eyewitness account of the events that changed the world. I am not usually a fan of paraphrased Scripture, but this little book stands out with a story I can read to my Piper. It is written as a story, an account of something that happened, not a verse-by-verse proof text or a different doctrinal spin on what happened. What a beautiful gift!

"Before there was anything else, there was the Word. The Word was with God. The Word was God..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.