Impressions

Tuesday, February 3, 2009


I've been watching these white blossoms for a couple of weeks, wondering if they were old leaves or blossoms. On cloudy days, I was *sure* they were just old dead leaves that hadn't fallen, and on sunny days, I *knew* they were flowers. I finally pulled out my zoom lens this morning and "visited" the tree, which lives two backyards down from us.

They were blossoms after all. Regardless of my impressions, they were always blossoms, promising spring in winter, silver in the gloom, bridal white in the light, offering something lovely.

People are like that, too, I think. They are who they are, no matter what light I view them in. I just can't always see them clearly, so sometimes I dismiss them because they're just "old leaves." It's a good thing that God offers a zoom lens every once in a while so I can see what really is there when the sun comes out!

Interesting how the zoom doesn't work up close...

4 comments:

renee @ FIMBY said...

firstly, I'm super jealous (am I allowed to say that) that you can see blossoms and leaves. Don't know where you live, but it certainly isn't the northeast, where I am.

What a wonderful post. I need to remember that about people. Thanks.

emily said...

Fabulous post. Love it. And congratulations on the photo win! So glad you won...your photo was spectacular.

LovingLegacy said...

Beautiful - I am so glad I have found you! Come visit some time...

Esther said...

I stopped by yesterday just long enough to see this pic and read your post. I love this picture...it stuck with me through my afternoon. Thank you for the view.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.