Weary and Coming to Jesus

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am very tired today. I went looking for a photo for my photo project this morning, and Piper pulled a bud off the camellia bush and crushed it. It makes for a lovely restful image, doesn't it?


Wow. I suppose this counts as a post. I guess I'm blogging again. Ironically short break. *sigh* Yes, I'm an addict. Actually, no, I have a napping child. And thinking time. And a photo that was perfect to post for my mood today.

I needed to step back a bit to refocus my writing, not so much for what I've been putting here, but for God to reset my heart and my passion on Jesus, since this is really where all the deeper theological/spiritual/wonderful abundant life stuff I've been posting comes from. You know, imperfect, unsurrendered, incomplete naked ME standing perfect and complete before God the Father covered up in Jesus.

I've got a couple of posts in the works (cute kid, recipes, at least one good deep post, and some random), but for today, I'm gotta rest. And yes, I said it that way on purpose.
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
(Mt. 11:25-28, NKJV)

6 comments:

Alison said...

Is it selfish to say I'm glad you're back blogging? Regardless, I am. And I love your Christ-centered heart. Rest well!

Amber@theRunaMuck said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I love this. I struggle with bowing to my blog, and there is only one remedy for that.
-----
That photograph is gorgeous. Your heart is gorgeous.
-----
Do you ever, by the way, read The Burnside Writer's Collective?

Amber@theRunaMuck said...

Oh. I forgot to tell you that Emily just bragged and bragged on you. I loved you immediately, and I loved Chatty immediately.

Becky said...

Beautiful photo...and words. As always. Isn't it awesome that when we feel weary, we can just crawl into our Father's arms and rest in Him? I love that.

AP said...

what a beautiful photo!
it is always important to take a break and rest in the father's arms and let him fill us up and renew us. praying for you now

Leeann said...

He does give us rest.... and it sometimes (ironically) takes work to stay in His resting-place. We are so distracted by the stuff of this world.
If it is any encouragement, my blogging hiatus about a year ago was a big turning point with God for me... I've actually been able to journal regularly again since that time, which I had wholly lost in the few years before. I'm praying this will be a rich, rich time for you spiritually.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.