a thousand to praise

Thursday, August 13, 2009


“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

“For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."


- Is. 55:9-12
A thousand posts. A thousand ways to say, "this is who I am" even as I am changing, as the words I write lend themselves to the process. A thousand steps on a path that hasn't ended, days and moments lived in another Author's book, glimpses of here and now and yesterday and tomorrow. A thousand ramblings, some not-so-quiet ramblings, random thoughts imported into finite Internet pages for the world to read and ponder and muse or dismiss.

Am I nearer to God than when I began, closer to rest in Him that sent me seeking His heart at the beginning of it all? Perhaps. I don't know. It is only Jesus who can judge. I am drawn on, as Lewis says, "further up and further in," and His higher ways are breathtaking. I no longer try to figure Him out as I am moved to simple praise. And joy. Joy I don't understand, joy I never grasped before.

They are clapping now in the breeze, the trees. Can you hear them?

-----------

I promised a giveaway with my thousandth post. I have been saving this 8x10 print for such a purpose.

To enter, simply leave a comment on this post before next Monday, August 17th. (Comments are hiding at the top of the posts now...)

I will have Piper draw a name out of one of her newly-beloved hats (oh, how I tried to get her to wear them when she was small, and now she wears them all the time of her own volition!) and announce the winner on Monday morning.

20 comments:

Leeann said...

Oh, Piper, pick me, pick me!
Kell, thinking of you especially today. You don't know what I'd give for an afternoon of chatting with you over tea or in the kitchen or driving through the countryside... I think late summer makes me miss you because we both long for autumn so much.
(No, I'm not waxing sentimental so I will get picked, promise - this is the honest, Thursday-morning truth!)
Much love...

Darren said...

Piper, if you pick me, I will buy you ice cream. With toppings. Lots of toppings. And candy. As much as you want.

roy.michelled said...

I love this picture! Piper, pick me!!

Marti G said...

What a lovely picture, from a lovely woman. Keep writing.

And Piper, pick me. You know you want to! :-)

Ashley said...

But this is MY favorite picture! Piper, you should pick me. Because I dreamed about you and your mommy and daddy last night. We were all at a wedding (a very conservative home school sort of wedding) and Pete had just told me that he managed to teach you to say my "name" so I was playing with her and suddenly she yelled out really loud "Aunt Crappy Squirrel" and all the quiet proper people at the wedding looked completely horrified. It made me laugh when I woke up.

Kate said...

I'm in good company -- because this is MY favorite picture too. :-) Hey, Piper, I'll crochet you a hat if you pick me! :-)

Christie said...

What a gorgeous picture!!!!!!

I have been following your blog for a while and I just love the new site. It's really beautiful and just like you, Kelly!

Ooh, Pip, please pick me :)

Megs said...

Wow...really cool picture...and really funny comments! :)

Thanks for keeping up the blog Kel...it's been such an encouragement...a thousand posts? That's alot! ;)

Caleb and Kirsten said...

Love the new blog look!

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog! You're inspiring me to revamp mine even more!! If I have problems with creating multiple pages with blogger I'll come to you, as I see you've done it!

Happy thousandth post! Looking forward to many more beautiful words and lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips. I've only used Go Daddy before for domain names (for my website).

lis said...

Breathtaking.

And that's all I have to say!

Carrie said...

Ooh, pretty. Love the CS Lewis quote you included, too. :)

Amy said...

You will never know Kelly what the arms of your words did to my heart with your comment. Thank you for taking the time to embrace me with the reassurance that this too will end. And now I get to discover your lovely blog (haven't read a word of it yet, just wanted to honor you before I did a thing).xx

Bunch of Barrons said...

Awesome picture! I love looking at pictures others have taken and learning from them. It shows so much about the person taking it. So cool. Just wondering also how you got the comments at the top of the page like that. Love it! Hope you are feeling well.
--Austin-Lee

Alison said...

Congrats on your 1,000 post! Amazing! I love the print and am prepared to bribe Piper to pull my name out if need be.:)

Thanks also for your recent sweet words on my blog. Your compliments encourage my soul.

Laurie A. said...

a thousand times ...

loving Him

loving how He has made you

telling yourself and others ... a thousand times ... that there is no other life ... no other living ... but this one!

Congratulations, Kelly.

Laure
www.ahselah.blogspot.com

Monica Sharman said...

Your thousandth? And my introduction here. Really looking forward to all the ones 1000+++++

Monica

Amber@theRunaMuck said...

Congratulations! You are such an artist. I'm grateful for you, friend.

I really LOVE this photograph, by the way. Amazing!

Cassandra Frear said...

My youngest son is a shutterbug, too.
He would like your photo, but I wouldn't let him have it. This one would be all mine.

Okay, I'd share with anyone who walked in the room.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.