Rain-Play

Monday, September 21, 2009


Yesterday, I did a family photo shoot, my first in a while. It was a nice break from wedding processing tedium, a reminder for me that I do still love what happens when I get behind a camera, that I'm not as bad as I think I am when I am seeing and shooting what I see.

It rained. And it was glorious. I had to black-and-white some of my favorites because I wanted to remember the lovely gray.

We all got wet, and the hair I'd bothered to do in the morning frizzed and lost all semblance of order. So did the other girls'.


My little wet-girl didn't mind so much. She didn't want to leave. And her daddy loves the rain.

I think yesterday definitely made one of my favorite photography memories.





(Image © Informal Moments Photography)

1 comments:

Jo said...

I peeked at the family photo shoot, and wow, I just love it.

The angle with which we approach makes all the difference, doesn't it? Whether rain signals gloom or invites us to play, it is the same substance, changed only by how we receive it.

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.