"The Time Has Come..."

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The walrus said, as she lumbered her bulk onto the living room floor, shifting stomach and baby out of the way for a toddler diaper change, wondering just how much longer she'd be able to plan on getting up after this ritual.

I was planning to wait for Piper to think of potty-training on her own. I may still have to wait for her timing, God's timing. But I think I will begin encouraging her that direction, for all the advice this mommy-getting-bigger-every-day-now is worth to her.

I'd sigh, but this is the part I remembered about being pregnant. I don't remember it coming on quite so early with Piper, but then, her third trimester started at 6 months. It was only yesterday I found out I was expecting Button.

Wasn't it?

Time marches on without me, as usual.






(image from national geographic.com)

2 comments:

Cassandra Frear said...

Oh, I remember feeling this way. Bless you.

Carrie said...

Oh, dear, yes, I am at this point, too - I can still get up okay, with extra effort, of course, but the worst for me is carrying Z - he always wants to be carried, and it hurts my back, so I try not to pick him up as much as I used to. :(

Post a Comment

Talk to me, if you like.